Thursday 15 November 2012

New Route

Day 11-14th November, 2012. Running  Kangundo road, a very good terrain with a considerable number of hills. Its all dirt which makes it better despite the occassionel smoke and dust left behind by traffic passing by. I realize there are several runners on this route. A good sign that this is where I belong. Leave the house at 6am with my marathon cap. The sun comes out early and strong. While the other runners are slowing down in the sweltering heat and sun rays, I just cruise by cz of my running cap. Go all the way to the by pass and back. Really de-hydrated and take a walk in the last two kms. I bet the route is about 24kms - time 2hrs 5mins. I will sit on google maps and establish the distance soon. The war continues…

3 comments:

Running Writer said...

Thursday? Are you on leave? You have started well. I will start next week. We have to beat that guy next year. Whether he moves up to 42 or stays in 21K.

Unknown said...

I am not on leave but on the verge of switching employers. Took a break just to think things out before making my final decision on taking or rejecting the job offer. We should focus on 1:20 if its 21km or sub 3:20.

Running Writer said...

Switching employers is usually the fastest way to go up the career ladder, so if the deal is good...
If 1:20 is doable, lets try it but like I said, you can try 42K in Mwea marathon in September and see if you like it and are ready for it. As for me, once I go sub 1:30, then I can start talking of 42K. Right now I am still too slow. But I will be going for 30K plus runs this coming year.