Sunday 30 September 2012

Day 2: Training for 42 Km - Sunday 30th September, 2012
Leave early at 5:40am: 4kms - 19mins, 7kms - 33mins, 10kms - 47mins, 12kms - 58mims (The upper hill climb takes a toll on me I guess its coz I didnt do much running during the week and gained some extra weight in the process.
15kms - 1:13, 21kms - 1:41, 27kms - 2:09 - Struggle to have a repeat of my personal best time on this route.So my P.B. still stands at 2:09:51.
Vow to have two 21km runs during the week so as to improve my agility on this route and come up with a better time. Develop an injury on my right upper thigh -I strained myself in the last two kms. So far so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1:41 is great improvement by the way. Try and break that 1:40 ceiling - hitting a sub 1:40 can be very motivating. Right now, my days are so packed with workouts and my legs are always so trashed that I cant try a respectable 21K like that. I did a 21K on Sunday and today - with sore, dead, zombie legs. But I know that is how I force the legs to recruit other muscles and open more capillaries for the work to come.
Sorry about the pain in the thighs. Google it and address it.
For the photo, do this (1) Insert it in a word document (2) Crop as you deem fit (3) save as a html file/web page (4) in the folder created in (3) above, you will get a jpeg image which you can upload on the site.
Cheers.

Unknown said...

I know I can break the sub 1:40 ceiling if i am pursuing 21kms - my route is 27km and I have to reserve some energy for the remaining six kms but I will soon break it in the same route. I am close, really close!