Tuesday 2 April 2013

Beating the Traffic



2nd April, 2013: Plan to have an evening run back home. Plan to start working on doing 15kms in 1hr – a goal which should be accomplished by May/June (hopefully). It starts to rain by 3pm relentlessly but eases off by around 4pm. The traffic is swelling up and shelving my plan for running will also mean arriving home very late.
You've got that right!

Have an easy 5km but thereafter confronted by far too many pedestrians.  Shelve the running speed and just decide on running home to beat the traffic. Complete my 16km run in 1:21 and feel the intensity of the humidity on me – the air is rather heavy and it leaves me gasping. Maybe its because I am still unfit but lets see how my next evening run goes – on 4th April, 2013 another 16-17km. Keep Running!

No comments: