Tuesday 2 April 2013

Easter Runs




31st March, 2013: There is no such thing as bad weather; only soft people – Resolve to do a 28km run at an average speed of 12km/hr – target time 2:20. In town by 6:30am after 45min run – get damaged by the upper hill climb. It surely gives me a warm welcome. My speed drops from 12.50km/hr to around 9.80km/hr and the damage was immense.  I am completely breathless and my gas is empty. Ease off at Mbagathi road and get some reprieve.

No pain no gain
It starts drizzling just after passing Nyayo Stadium and make a decision to reroute back to Jogoo road via city stadium so as to avoid the dirt roads of Lunga Lunga which are obviously muddy. Have a good run on the tarmac on my way back. Run out of tarmac after Manyanja road 26.25km and do some circular runs just to make it 27kms. Have a new garmin record of longest distance and fastest 10k. To set new garmin records in the coming week. Keep running

29th March, 2013 Easter Friday – Brave the morning chill for a 21km run after the previous nights down pour. It’s pretty muddy on the roads but that isn’t enough to hold back my quest to do a a half marathon run. Feeling heavy and out of shape but decide to just check on my fitness level before I fully hit the road.

Leave the house at exactly 6am and stick to the tarmac. Muthurwa area aint very pretty – too many pedestrians heading to the country bus and its also a muddy stretch. Join Uhuru highway and the go back to industrial area and then back to City stadium. Maintain a tempo of 12km/hr throughout and manage 100mins in 20.5km. I am contented of my fitness since I still managed to speed up when just about to finish my final lap.

No comments: